Pasta with broccoli is a great vegetarian recipe for winter, in fact broccoli are at their best in the cold seasons.
This recipe is easy, quick and very healthy so it’s one of our favourites. You can prepare it in around 25 minutes so it’s also quick. It’s very tasty because there are lots of yummy ingredients in this recipe: broccoli, garlic, EVO oil, pine nuts, parmesan cheese.
In this version there are also anchovies which are good for you, but you can make this recipe vegan if you don’t add them.
I used gluten free spaghetti in this recipe.
Total time: 25 min
Cooking: 20 min
Vegetarian OK: yes
Vegan OK: Yes (without anchovies)
Ingredients of Pasta with Broccoli
- Spaghetti 80gr to 100gr per person
- Broccoli 200 gr per person
- Garlic 1 clove for 2 persons
- Red chilly peppers according to taste (I put 1 chili pepper for 2 people or a tea spoon of hot chili paste
- Salt: a tea spoon or 5 grams every 2 litres of water for cooking the pasta.
- Anchovies (in oil): two fillets per person
- Extra virgin olive oil 4 to 6 table spoons according to taste. It’s important to choose a high quality EVO. I recommend the Italian Biologico or Toscano IGP from Frantoio del Grevepesa
- Pine nuts: a tea spoon per person
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese or grana padano DOP.
You can find the best Italian EVOO here