Breaded scallops are one of my favourites recipes. Despite the fact that it’s seafood and therefore we need to eat it with respect for the sea and limit the amount we eat. It’s is one of Italian tastiest recipes.
The best scallops come from Scotland, so if you live nearby you can get very nice ones, but let’s get to the recipe.
- 6 Scallops with shell for 2 people, 3 each.
- Parmesan grated cheese, 30gr, 3 table spoons
- Breadcrumbs 40 gr 4 table spoons
- Half a garlic clove finely chopped or squeezed
- 2 table spoons of dry white wine
- A handful of fresh parsley finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- High quality extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- Heat the oven to 180° -185°
- Wash and dry the parsley and put it on a chopping board and finely chop it
- Wash the scallops by removing them with your hands from the shell and get rid of the orange part and any dark bits. Wash the shells as well and dry them with some kitchen paper. Brush a little EVO oil on the shell on the area where the scallop will be laid. Dry the washed scallops and put the on their shell
- Prepare the topping bread paste in this way: take a large coffee cup and put the 40 grams of breadcrumbs and 30 grams of grated cheese in it; add the finely chopped parsley and 2 tables spoons of Italian good quality dry white wine. Squash half garlic clove in the cup; add salt and black pepper freshly grounded; stir and mix with a fork.
- Lay its with their shell on the oven tray, with your hand or a spoon, scoop the bread mix and cover the scallops with all the mix.
- Drizzle some EVO Oil on the scallops
- Put the tray with the scallops in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until the bread is golden.
- Serve 3 scallop each on a plate